We must mandate the formation of Star Fleet Command. Not fandom. Not for a show or a movie or a video game. This is not a drill; this is not a simulation.
The objectives of SFC at current are:
- The discovery and development of a warp theory for the creative commons.
- The exploration of warp theory’s engineering application for the creative commons. (patent and copyright reform are needed.)
- The invention and development of warp drive designs conforming to free/libre open source software and hardware principles for the creative commons.
Two pivotal developments have arisen to make this mandate feasible, and its application immediate. We have developed a modified theory of general relativity to account for and hopefully manipulate dark matter and dark energy; we have discovered theoretical techniques by which the energy needed to power a warp drive is within our current abilities to generate.
If we wait on this, we may miss a window of opportunity in which to block or circumvent the acquisition and control of the theory and technology by private interests including states or corporations.
“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained, and new rights to be won, and they must be won and used for the progress of all people. For space science, like nuclear science and all technology, has no conscience of its own. Whether it will become a force for good or ill depends on man, and only if the United States occupies a position of pre-eminence can we help decide whether this new ocean will be a sea of peace or a new terrifying theater of war. I do not say that we should or will go unprotected against the hostile misuse of space any more than we go unprotected against the hostile use of land or sea, but I do say that space can be explored and mastered without feeding the fires of war, without repeating the mistakes that man has made in extending his writ around this globe of ours.
There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in outer space as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation may never come again.”
The asymmetrical advantage of warp drive technologies together with cloaking technologies  can not be be allowed to be acquired by any singular interest. We go to space together irrespective of economic or social status; otherwise, the wealthiest, most ruthlessly industrious, and most militaristic cartels will control space.
The Star Fleet protocol is a-go. You are a cadet if you choose to be; if you choose to be, you’re in Star Fleet now act like it.
- idlnmclean reblogged this from tentacle-made and added:
- tentacle-made reblogged this from glueandpieces and added:
- goopypanther reblogged this from idlnmclean and added:
- glueandpieces reblogged this from tentacle-made and added:
- tentacle-made likes this
- prince-vermin reblogged this from idlnmclean
- prince-vermin likes this
- abmahnung reblogged this from texturemusick
- showingpeoplethings likes this
- texturemusick reblogged this from idlnmclean and added:
- spooky-boy likes this
- sinshine reblogged this from idlnmclean
- worsethandetroit likes this
- apokalypse1991 likes this
- spookychan likes this
- sunfell likes this
- lilibat likes this
- wolvensnothere reblogged this from winneganfake and added:
- winneganfake reblogged this from idlnmclean
- freeopensociety reblogged this from idlnmclean
- idlnmclean posted this